On behalf of our planet, we would like to thank you for donating your pre-loved toys to us. We have some real gems in there thanks to you and we couldn't do it without you.
HOW TO DONATE?
If you have toys that your children are ready to share, please do get in touch with us by emailing:
We will let you know the drop off points
WHAT CAN YOU DONATE?
We would love to take in all your toys, however for health and safety purposes we do need to set some ground rules. Here is a short guide on what toys we CANNOT accept:
- Broken toys
- Toys with small pieces such as, lego, play mobile, jigsaws etc. that are missing pieces and the original instructions (we would ideally like the original box too but as long as in a bag with all pieces accounted for and instructions for use that is fine)
- Toys that are soiled beyond washing - We really can't lend out very very well loved teddys or soft toys as much as we know how special they might have been
WHERE CAN YOU TAKE TOYS THAT ARE NOT FIT FOR THE TOY LIBRARY?
It is a sad fact that unfortunately there is no way to recycle most toys that are broken, and they end up in General Waste in landfill (!?!) we hope this will change in time to come but for now here is our suggestion for what to do with toys that we won't accept.
- Try and take your toys to a charity shop, we know that Fara Kids in Ealing Broadway take in toys
- Fix them, rather than binning an old toy, why not have a go at fixing them to give them an extended life?
- Upcycle them! There are countless blogs online giving you great upcycle ideas... click here for one of them
- If your toys are broken or beyond repair then unfortunately you may have to put them in the bin...HOWEVER...you can still do your bit by taking them to either Greenford or Acton recycling centres. Here are the categories we use for recycling:
- PAPER / CARDBOARD - Jigsaws etc
- WOOD - All wooden toys, walkers, puzzles
- ELECTRICS - all electrical or battery operated toys
- TEXTILES - All soft toys such as comforters, teddy bears, play mats
If you have any questions about recycling toys or donating please do get in touch, we would love to hear from you.